Policies & Procedures
Medical Records Policy
Release of Medical Records
- Original films (hard copies) or digital examinations (recorded on CDs) and reports will be released to authorized healthcare providers or the patient only where a medical record release has been requested either verbally or in writing.
- Authorized healthcare providers include but are not limited to:
- a. Physicians
- b. Hospitals
- c. Workers Compensation Board
- d. Cancer Control Agency
- e. Chiropractors
- f. Midwives
- g. Physiotherapists
- Requests for medical records from non- health care providers (e.g. lawyers) will not be released without receipt of a "Request for Access to Personal Information Form¨ signed by the patient for all requested records.
- Requests from authorized non-healthcare providers, persons or agencies for patient information will be charged as follows:
a. One report $20
b. One Report + CD $25
c. Multiple Reports + CD $50
d. CD only $25
e. Medical-Legal Reports per page $140+
- Requests for medical records accompanied by a signed court order will be released.
- Please note that all examinations recorded on film are the original and ONLY patient record and are irreplaceable.
Retention of Medical Records
- Imaging procedures recorded on film, CDs or electronic archive will be retained and accessible for a period of 7 years from the date the procedure was completed.
- Diagnostic Reports shall be retained for a minimum period of 7 years